Centre Operation amid COVID-19 restrictions
To all of our valued customers, we appreciate your ongoing support and understanding during this unprecedented time. We at Centre Management would like to update you on the actions we have taken to ensure the safety and wellbeing of retailers and customers as well as providing you with information on Centre operations and trading.
Automatic hand sanitiser machines have been placed at centre entrances for your convenience and additional cleaning has been put in place specifically to cover the sanitisation of high touch point areas such as amenities, door handles, stairwells, lift buttons, travellators and escalators. You may also have noticed some retailers have decals or markers to indicate the recommended 1.5m distancing and are only allowing a certain amount of customers in at a time, we appreciate your understanding and thank you in advance for your patience if you have experienced longer than usual waiting periods.
Restrictions under the State Government will continue to ease, as outlined below.
From 1st June 2020:
Selected Cafes and Restaurants:
- Open for dine in services, with a maximum of 20 customers at a time, but no more than population density rules allow and must be spaced 1.5 metres apart
- Must request first and last name and phone number of customers entering premises, to assist in rapid contact tracing if required.
- Some stores may have a time limit for sit down/dine in services e.g. 15 minutes for coffee, 45mins for meal. Please be respectful and adhere to these rules.
Beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons, spas and massage parlours:
- can open with up to 20 patrons – the four square metre rule will apply to the publicly accessible parts of the venue,
- must keep a distance of 1.5metre maintained between customers
From 22 June 2020:
- Can be opened with up to 20 people allowed per separate enclosed space, subject to the four square metre rule and up to 10 people per group/activity
There are some slight easing of Stage 3 restrictions in affect already, however the aforementioned businesses will continue with the Stage 3 restrictions to operations or remain closed until the dates specified above.
All businesses that remain open, including shopping centres, will continue to operate as normal but within the established social distancing guidelines (one person per 4 square metres). Congregations of people are still banned and will continue to be enforced by the government appointed Police taskforce. At this stage, in the interest of public health and safety we will not be re-instating the tables and chairs in the food court and throughout the mall, and the centre playgrounds will remain closed in centre. We apologise for any inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding.
We would like to reiterate that Waverley Gardens Shopping Centre is still open for trade but please note we have recently changed our Thursday and Friday night trading hours, and some individual store hours may change.
For details on the trading hours for our supermarkets, please click here.
For all other stores, please look up their individual store listing.